melleach

Mel's Book Blog

I read and review whatever strikes my fancy and many things strike my fancy. I'm particularly fond of Young Adult, New Adult, dystopian tales, and mystery thrillers. Easily distracted by the newest book in the shelf.

The Upside of Unrequited
Becky Albertalli
Tin God
Stacy Green
Arrows Through Archer
Nash Summers
If There's No Tomorrow
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Secrets of Power Negotiating: 15th Anniversary Edition (Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator)
Roger Dawson

Blood on the Tracks (Sydney Rose Parnell Series)

Blood on the Tracks (Sydney Rose Parnell Series) - Barbara Nickless I don't know if it was the author's intent to make a social statement regarding what we put our servicemen and servicewomen through, but let me just say that through the characters in this book, she really brought it home for me. The emotional impact of war... the trauma and PTSD... and the physical injuries that these brave souls carry with them for the rest of their lives are very eloquently portrayed through Sydney, Nik, Tucker, and, yes, even Clyde. It was stunning and very revealing and left a lasting impression on me.

In addition to that, it was one heck of an action-packed thriller. As cliche as it may sound, it was impossible to put down. With twists and turns all along the way and an ending that I did not see coming. It has an amazing cast of characters and a writing style that really draws you into the story. And Sydney's interview excerpts and journal entries at the beginning of each chapter were simply haunting and breathtaking.