melleach

Mel's Book Blog

I read and review whatever strikes my fancy and many things strike my fancy. I'm particularly fond of Young Adult, New Adult, dystopian tales, and mystery thrillers. Easily distracted by the newest book in the shelf.

The Upside of Unrequited
Becky Albertalli
Tin God
Stacy Green
Arrows Through Archer
Nash Summers
If There's No Tomorrow
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Secrets of Power Negotiating: 15th Anniversary Edition (Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator)
Roger Dawson

We Are The Ants

We Are The Ants - Shaun David Hutchinson Since there are over 1,000 reviews on Goodreads, I’m not sure what I can I say that hasn't already been said except this is probably one of the best books, if not the best, that I'll read all year. Henry Jerome Denton takes us through all of the traumas and trials that a teenager could face from bullying and sexual assault, the inexplicable suicide of his boyfriend, a broken home and unresolved issues with his absent father, a jerk of a brother who vacillates between sometimes bully and sometimes protector, the death of his unborn niece, a grandmother grappling with Alzheimer's, and a mother with serious self-esteem issues. Is it any wonder that he can't come up with a single good reason to press a button and save the world from annihilation? Henry envisions all sorts of doomsday scenarios which could bring about the end of the world. But is it the end of the world that he is trying to prevent or just the end of his world?

Wonderfully written with an amazing array of characters, this is an unforgettable story that takes the reader from the depths of despair to a place of healing and new-found hope. #OMG