melleach

Mel's Book Blog

I read and review whatever strikes my fancy and many things strike my fancy. I'm particularly fond of Young Adult, New Adult, dystopian tales, and mystery thrillers. Easily distracted by the newest book in the shelf.

The Upside of Unrequited
Becky Albertalli
Tin God
Stacy Green
Arrows Through Archer
Nash Summers
If There's No Tomorrow
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Secrets of Power Negotiating: 15th Anniversary Edition (Inside Secrets from a Master Negotiator)
Roger Dawson

Where We Left Off

Where We Left Off - Roan Parrish I was so looking forward to Leo and Will's story and I was not disappointed. Leo is so open, honest, and adorable... what you see is what you get. On the other hand, Will is as opposite as one can be. Will is an enigma, a puzzle to be figured out. As so often happens, Leo believes because he always speaks his truth, he believes that others do the same. He doesn't realize that he will have to chip away at Will's walls to find the heart that lies within.

I love the characters this author has created. With her down-to-earth writing style, the story tells itself, imbuing personality and emotion into each character. She truly is a master with first person POV. It's amazing how she not only shows us the intricacies of her POV characters, she fits them with such insight that we get a three dimensional look at all of the other characters and what makes them tick.

I happily recommend this series as one of the best I've read this year.